Not all jobs are created equal. Corporate executives, professionals, pro athletes or those
employed in the entertainment industry have occupations that come with unique risks; risks that can impact their ability
to perform their duties, fulfill a contract, a guarantee, or an obligation. Sutton Special Risk High Limit Disability
Insurance helps protect their financial security from a possible loss of income. It offers industry-leading high sums
insured, broad coverage including special hazards such as high risk occupations, out of country exposures, or war and
terrorism risk. Coverage is available on a group or individual basis.
Insuring against injury or illness that causes a temporary inability to work.
Insuring against injury or sickness that causes the insured to be disabled beyond hope of improvement and permanently prevented
from engaging in their occupation or profession.
- Benefit: Payable monthly
- Elimination Period: 0 to 180 days
- Maximum Indemnity: up to 120 months. Short-term coverage available.
- Recurrent Disability: If insured returns to work, but suffers a recurrence of TTD, the elimination period is only
reapplied if recurrence occurs after 60 days
- Option: Can be purchased in conjunction with LTD or as a stand-alone benefit. The benefit is available in any amount
Sutton Special Risk High Limit Disability Insurance is ideal for:
- Benefit: Payable in the lump sum selected, or calculated as the present value of the TTD benefit to age 65
- Elimination Period: 12 months or following payout of all TTD benefits
- Option: Can be purchased in conjunction with TTD or as a stand-alone benefit. The benefit is available in any amount
- the high level securities executive whose group disability benefits don’t extend to cover his earnings
- the IT consultant who travels regularly to unstable war-torn countries
- the musician who can’t sign her dream record deal until she’s insured against becoming sick or injured
- the professional hockey player who has just signed a 5 year $40 million contract who purchases off-ice coverage
to protect the balance of his contract
- 23 year old top level player in the last year of his first NHL contract. He needs 24 hour PTD coverage to protect his future